View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 07:53 PM   #19
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLT7151 View Post
Since December, I back up my Bold 9700 religiously on the 28th of each month. No problem.

3 weeks ago, I began using the Password feature, which I've set to prompt after 1 minute. So, I enter the password dozens of times each day.

However, today, when I connect the Bold 9700 to the computer to perform my monthly backup, the Blackberry Manager (on the computer) prompts for the password. I enter it but then says it's invalid. I enter it several more times and then it wipes out my the entire Blackberry device.

I call Tech Support and after a while they say they know about the issue and are looking into it.

Thankfully, I backed it up with my backup from a month ago. But, I did lose a month's worth of data.

There's definitely several reported problems when connecting the phone to the computer when the Password Protection is enabled. It's the strangest thing.
I believe you think you're using numbers in your password when you're not. Does your password contain numbers such as pass1234 or something along those lines, but you're not pressing the Alt key?

If that's the case then your password would be passwers.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Offline   Reply With Quote