View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 05:21 AM   #9
devnull
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: I747
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by linusrocks View Post
So in this case should I just follow the "dry out" instructions?
Electronics and water don't coexist well and the longer left together, the more likely something bad will happen. The "dry out" instructions are more for immediately after contact.

You could also take/send the device to a reputable repair center and have them check it out. Maybe the problem is caused by something else entirely.

Quote:
Do people normally take their phone apart to dry it or just leave it near a heat source intact?
That depends on your comfort level of dismantling the phone. At the very least, take the back cover off. Take the battery, sim, and media cards out and let it dry for days before even attempting to reassemble. NOTE: as said above this should have been done immediately after known moisture influence.

Quote:
This issue could potentially lead to me falling out of love with my BB as I am frequently on call 3 weeks out of every 4 so take my phone everywhere with me.
Why blame it on the device? It's not the BB's fault.

And it isn't just BB's that are sensitive. I had a cheapo nokia in my pocket while mowing the lawn. When i took it out of my sweaty jeans pocket it was doing all sorts of wonky things, like taking pictures on its own and buttons not working.

Having said all this, at this moment you really don't know what is causing the problem. What is spoke of above is but a single possiblity and easy to remedy yourself.

Good Luck