View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 01:01 PM   #1
matt7184

Model: none
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Voda
Default No Browser after switching from BES to BIS + VF wants me to send phone for repair?

Please Login to Remove!

Where to begin..

On Friday my personal iphone (vodafone) died.. so the blackberry 8250 curve I was using with my work sim (vodafone sim on bes contact) needed to be used as my own personal one now..

So I deleted myself from the BES server and wiped the handheld.. When it came back up I phoned vodafone and asked them to ensure my account was configured for BIS.. they confirmed it was and the list of service books seem to indicate it is.

I signed up an email account using mobileemail.vodafone.net and had the service books resent.

However I have no icon for browser.. I can get into the browser by hitting the menu key and choosing switch application then browser but I get the following error message:

"Your device does not currenly have any browser configuration service book entries..

Please contact your service provider to enable the browser on your device"

I spent 2hrs on the phone to vodafone who had me doing scripted troubleshooting..

Re-registering via the HRT menu
Resending Service Books
Wiping handheld
Deleting and undeleting the Browser configuration service book
Deleting all the service books

I really need data on this handset and can't really be doing with it being sent away for "repair" for 3 days.. surely its not a hardware fault with the phone so in theory I should be able to sort it myself..

Anyone any idea?
Offline   Reply With Quote