View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 03:40 AM   #60
jin8k

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TIM

I am a 9000 bold user, and I was dying to get this phone when announced a few months ago.

My total disappointment:

1. screen resolution: the same as bold 9700 while the screen is almost twice the size of it???

2. processor: the same as bold 9000?

3. ram only 512mb?

Seriously, for those who are defending RIM saying "if you dont like it, get over and go buy iphone or android", dont be such an oldschooler!

I have been carrying two phones: bold 9000 and iphone 3gs. why? because i use bold for business purposes, but iphone for GPS, Internet, Music, and Video. I see many frequent business travelers with bold and iphone just for this reason: we do not only work hard by reading company emails every second but also know to relax by listening to music, watching movies, and browse internet!!!

I was wishing that TORCH would be the ALL-IN-ONE solution for business users but also for average end users, by offering superior email solution (BIS BES), superior socialnetworking (BBM, FB, Twitter), and quality multimedia, all in one single device!!! In the end, what I am looking for is a perfect business phone with competitive multimedia experience (at least comparable to iphone 3gs). For RIM, I dont think it was too difficult to increase screen resolution. Seriously, at 480x360 on that large screen? I dont think it was too difficult to increase RAM size to 1gb at least, if it was impossible to find a solution to install apps on ROM or microSD!!! I dont think it was too difficult for them to put faster processor to improve multitasking experience!!!

I am disappointed, RIM...

PS: I will wait and see if any of those chinese fakebrands come up with better hardware!!!

Last edited by jin8k; 08-08-2010 at 03:45 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote