View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 08:16 PM   #15
lmcjipo
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Q10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Bell Wireless

I've used the program for a few days and it appears to do what it advertises.

I have 3 WiFi connections (one at home, one at work, and one at a friend's house). I notice that when I'm at home, WiFi is activated (WiFi icon appears on my Bold 9700). When I'm driving to work and stop off for breakfast, I looked at my Blackberry again and the WiFi icon wasn't there anymore. Once I arrived at work, the WiFi icon appeared again. When I went out for lunch at a restaurant and checked my Blackberry, the WiFi icon wasn't on the screen anymore. I later went to my friend's house and the WiFi icon appeared again.

In terms of saving battery power, for me, the more often I am away from the 3 WiFi connections, the more battery power it will conserve. For example, if I watch a movie in the theatre and then go out to eat (spending approximately 4 hours total), it would be ~4 hours total where the WiFi is turned off (as opposed to me manually turning off the WiFi and then turning it back on).

Since I spend on average 12 hours at home everyday and 9 hours at work from Monday to Friday, I don't expect to save a lot of battery power with the WiFi turning off and on automatically. However, it is still a good and useful program to have.

Thanks akosnitzky for posting about this free application.

My Tech Blog
Offline   Reply With Quote