View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 04:36 PM   #15
brill
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
I gave up on the Torch today. I have low expectations - which I do when any new model comes out - and the Torch easily exceeded them. But it is not quite there yet. I was getting tired of taking the device out of the holster and either locking it, or magically bringing up the Manage Connections app. I shut the radio down a handful of time. No way to prevent that. And the views, with no control over what is shown, is a complete loser for me.

One day the Torch will be all grown up (.214 was fast; no lag and workable) but right now it isn't ready for me.

Back to my trusty 9700.
After using my Torch for the past few weeks, and today going back to my Bold 9700, it feels liberating. You'd think I went from driving a dump truck to driving a Ferrari. The Bold is lighter, more nimble, and just feels right. Some people are hung up thinking that newer is better. In my opinion, if you showed a group of people both a Torch and a Bold 9700 side by side, who had no prior contact with Blackberries, they would find the Bold to be the more user-friendly phone.
Offline   Reply With Quote