View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 01:30 PM   #50
GumbyDuder

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithehappy View Post
Well the above did the opposite for me, tried the step with a razor, pulled that gray part just a bit and the sound was just gone, was playing the bold music while doing. I have to press it hard again form every side and now the sound is back, but have fear that if it disappears again. What should I do to put that gray part just there and fit just it was?
Thanks.
I had the same problem. My speaker fixes would alternate between lifting the the gray plastic above the LED flash and putting pressure on the same area.

I found a webpage that suggested that you layer 3 small pieces of duct tape over the top portion of the gray LED flash enclosure. I tried this and it worked PERFECTLY. In fact, I think my phone is louder now than it was when I first got it. BTW, 3 pieces of duct tape is all you need, 4 almost prevents the battery cover from latching on the top.

I would post a link to the webpage that has a picture of what I'm talking about but apparently I have to have 10 posts on this forum to do so. Unfortunately I don't plan on doing that, I just wanted to share the fix I found. I guess if you need the link send me a private message or something.

Last edited by GumbyDuder; 11-03-2010 at 01:35 PM.. Reason: grammar and wording
Offline   Reply With Quote