Thread: 9800 vs 9780
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 12:26 AM   #13
JG in SB
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: 9800 vs 9780

I find myself using the virtual keyboard on the 9800 more than the physical one. It takes a few days but you get used to it. Also, it is weird, but even though the keys are smaller on the 9800 than on 9700 series devices, I find them easy to type on because of the "thinness" of the device when you have the keyboard out.

I think OS 6 still has a few very minor bugs in it, but overall it is very refined and easy to work with. These bugs will be present on both 9800's and 9780's.

Also, after using the large screen on the Torch, I would have a difficult time going back to the 97xx screen size.

@Dirtywater24: A word of caution....if you are used to what a BlackBerry can do and you think you are "just going to switch to Android", be ready for some irritation and headaches. Android is neat, but it falls short in many ways, particularly the inability to sync your tasks and notes, and the inability to recognize common symbols used in your phone directory to indicate extensions. If you are a high school/college kid who has around 200 phone numbers, mostly withiout extensions, you won't care. But if, like me, you have over 2,500 mostly business numbers in Outlook that sync to your handset, the fact that you will have to go through all of these and program special "pause" and "wait" characters so that your Android handset knows how to dial will be a major pain. I really wanted to switch to an Android device when my recent upgrade came up, but I just couldn;t get any Android phone to do what a BlackBerry does. Maybe in future versions of Android...

Last edited by JG in SB; 12-20-2010 at 12:35 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote