View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 04:13 AM   #139
yuanzhoulu
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8120
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile
Arrow Re: Will you move away from BlackBerry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
There is lots of talk, but very little actual data to back it up. I am curious how many of you are considering moving away from your BlackBerry and moving on to another device that can do more for you in whatever category.
I've been considering it for a long time. In short the following features keep me on BlackBerry:

** Critical features **

1. Calling over WiFi with UMA -- it means (1) that while abroad, I can find a WiFi hotspot and simulate being in the US and send/receive calls for free on my US number and (2) I get reception in my workplace, which has WiFi but no good carrier reception for any US carrier

2. Unlimited international data for +$20/month (still on a fudgy "don't ask don't tell" policy that doesn't state anything clearly but this is what I get). Land in a foreign country, check my e-mail and use Google Maps to get around while all my friends put their sleek iPhones away in terror of roaming charges and switch to paper maps (I cringe at how technologically backward this is -- it's 2011, international flat-monthly-rate access to internet and maps on a phone ought to be a basic world standard already, and only BlackBerries -- well, *some* BlackBerries -- have it).

** Non-critical features **

3. A real keyboard
4. Built-in super bright flashlight
5. Good battery life
6. Swappable batteries
7. Traditional Chinese input with Hanyu pinyin

Give me an Android with features #1 and #2 above and I'll switch in a heartbeat.

Last edited by yuanzhoulu; 01-26-2011 at 04:21 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote