Old 01-28-2011, 05:34 PM   #1
bwildchild13

Model: 9650
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default 9650 from Verizon to AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,
I just purchased a Verizon branded unlocked 9650, and have been using it on my ATT network for the past 48 hours no problem. However, as expected, BB Messenger and my Email will not work because its trying to sync with the Verizon server, and not AT&T's.
I went into my local ATT store, and their advice to me was the following - I wanted to double check with anyone on these forums if they've had similar experiences, or if they would suggest something else. Their advice was the following:
1) Remove the OS and all software from the Device
2) search for, and install ATT service books for my device,
3) update my OS back to OS6

Obviously that's the basic version of what they suggested. Right now, the phone works great, browsing works fine - however, I am missing two key components - my e-mail, and my BB messenger options -

Anyone able to help? I do have a BB plan added to my account, if that makes a difference.
Thanks in advance - I am willing to try pretty much anything - For the price I paid, simple advice like "just buy an AT&T BB" isn't what I'm looking for - I know this can be done, so if it takes multiple steps, I'm more than okay with that....
Offline   Reply With Quote