View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 06:29 AM   #10
smoothadmin
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9860
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Virgin Mobile Canada
Default Re: I knew there was something fishy with the internet connection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sototoro View Post
Yep, I was the one that started the thread:
Deal breaker! Internet Connection or NOT?
I knew there was something funny. Look at what's happening with the BB Bridge app and AT&T. No wonder they where clear in the beginning when the spec sheet clearly stated "3G network access using your BlackBerry® Smartphone as a modem" and then it was removed, thus my thread. I can speculate that AT&T did not like the idea and RIM just decided to change the wording on the site and not deal with the issue. My PB is pre-ordered at Best Buy (but they havenxxx8217;t called me yet so I'm not sure they even have any 64G available) but I will be waiting a few days to see what happens. I did walk into another BB store and played with the tablet for a while and liked it a lot. I hope this gets resolved ASAP. As for RIM, if they want to be in the game and play hard, they should get this fixed and have better communication in the future. Comment!
If you don't like it switch carriers or move to another country were you don't have to worry about internet tethering your blackberry to the PB. LOL

I think I stated in your original threat. I am Canadian! I have Virgin Mobile Canada service on my BB and internet tethering works, also I don't have to pay anything extra to the carrier. I use to tether my device to my laptop while I waited for the home internet to be installed...

Otherwise call AT&T and complain to them!

Sorry to hear you over estimated the supply of the PB and decided to order yours instead of walking into Best Buy and purchasing it on the spot. So many stores here in Canada had the 64GB one in stock. That's how I got mine...

A.

Last edited by smoothadmin; 04-21-2011 at 06:32 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote