View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 01:13 PM   #12
bugmenot2
No longer Registered.

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&Z
Default Re: 8520 not storing SMS Service Centre Number ?

Well no quiet functioning completely yet. The Service Center Number (SCN) is able to'store' and can now send SMS's but if I reboot the phone for whatever reason the SCN disappears and has to be inputted again.
Another problem encountered was that the phone was not able to connect to the home wifi. The OS tried for the above issues were v5.0.0.681 and v5.0.0.1036.

So I decided to install OS v4.6.1.409 this brought the old SCN storage problem again but at least I can connect to home wifi.

I have been installing the OS's from Vodafone UK via the blackberry website. My sim card is infact Tmobile but the vendor logo on phone startup is Vodafone. So am I installing the correct OS from the correct vendor as I notice the file sizes for the same version numbers from different vendors (i.e O2,tmobile,vodafone) vary which leads me to think they are not eaxctly the same. And does it matter out of the three which vendor I download the OS from I think they all should work fine although I have not tested them yet.

How can one infrom blackberry to issue another OS v5.x.x to solve the SCN and wifi issues, also can someone adivce me further.

Last edited by bugmenot2; 04-21-2011 at 01:33 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote