View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 10:30 PM   #7
ttowles
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9930
Carrier: Sprint
Default Re: 9700 to Epic Android back to Torch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwrigg View Post
For me I found the best experinece was to root my EPIC, then put on Syndicate Frozen 1.1.1 ROM. I am now getting bettery battery life as well as imporved performance.

But sadly your right. The BB still does email and contacts better. But thats what the original design was. With other devices you give up that but gain so much more.
Explore your EPIC some more by rooting it and trying a few ROMS out untill you find the right one for you.
I have also learned that stock eamil clinets are not always the best. For GMail i use the gmail app, for Yahoo i use the Yahoo for Android app. For Exchange i use stock exchange client.

While i do miss the blackberry all in one approach to email and its speed and simplisity, i am very happy with my video capabilities, internet browsing, music playing and overal speed of the Epic.

With that said the 9700 and 9800 are still great Business devics.
Dont forget google voice. I think its helping replace Skype on a lot of devices.
Well, after 15 days of using the EPIC I'm back to my 9700 Bold 2 and happy to be.

Final Final answer:
The Epic has <3 hrs of TALK time. Not even close to the 9700 (maybe 6+ hrs?)

Games and apps were fun, but I don't really NEED fun. I NEED a business tool to call and email clients 8-10 hrs+ per day. I was hoping to get that and fun, but no chance with the Epic.

To email or call someone on the Epic it was at least 1 more click, sometimes 2-3 more. I'm sure I could eventually figure out the fastest way, but the battery life just killed the deal.
I have a couple friends with an EPIC, one of them owns 3 batteries to live through the day! I NEVER made it through one day of work without a dead battery by 3pm. So, I would just stop working and go work out....The EPIC is a fun toy. Not a business tool
The Blackberry works the way I do.

Now I'm waiting on the 9900....