View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 09:57 PM   #1
dimm0k
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9930
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default 9930, device, charger, OS defective or normal?

Please Login to Remove!

With my older BB, when the device was done charging the device would read 100% and apps like Meterberry would report a voltage of 4.2V. Well xxx65279;xxx65279;I recently purchased the BlackBerry 9930 smartphone which contains a 1230mAh Li-Ion battery and the issue I'm running into is that when I charge the device using an older charger, specifically the folding wall charger provided with my 9630, the battery according to the device's readings show 100% when it's done charging, which is what I want. Using the supplied USB cable and cube charger however, the device seems to get stuck on the 9x% range and doesn't move no matter how long I leave it connected. This definitely happens when I attempt to charge the device by connecting the USB cable to a computer. I've tired the stock Sprint OS, .353, and .362 and they all seem to exhibit this behavior. Is there a bug in the OS or do I have a defective device, charger, and or battery? Would really like to get this figured out before my 30 day exchange period is up!