View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 12:05 PM   #1
Mandel
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9981
Carrier: Orange FR & Etisalat AE
Default Licence Key Transfer Limit

Please Login to Remove!

I tend to frequently change devices, either for the same (breakdown or warranty service) or for an upgrade.

I recently purchased a Torch 2, and after one day of use, decided to revert to my 9800 and returned the unit.

A third party vendor (present on BB App World), from whom I had purchased in December 2009 a licence, has declined the transfer to my new PIN on the basis of "maximum number of allowed device transfers has been exceeded".

I am choosing at this point not to disclose the vendor's name, and want to hear others opinions, and see if I'm having unfair expectations.

I, for one, never saw or read of any limitations in number of device transfers. I do not see what their issue could be, as long as they authorize only one device (they of course disable the previous pin when they authorize a new one).

For two, I think that individuals who frequently change devices, may be even more "active" than others, and would potentially purchase more software, so should not be treated like "abusers" (of what??, of buying lots of terminals??)

I am really insulted by this, especially that they don't even answer the service requests, open since September 12.

Opinions? Any other known such practices?

Thanks

Last edited by Mandel; 09-21-2011 at 12:09 PM.. Reason: typo
Offline   Reply With Quote