View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 09:48 AM   #12
ZombieBerry
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Priv
PIN: 2AB9C463
Carrier: WIND
Default Re: Importing Calendar/Contacts From Bold 9900 To PlayBook?

@currentodysseys - You are 100% correct. My experience may not apply to you. Except that, you are the one having an issue with respect to the PB, not I. All my personal contacts are on my PB. I have had no issues porting/syncing my contacts. My company's information remains intact. Not to say the current setup could be tweaked to improve the user experience, but that isn't really why I posted what I did.

I understand that for you, Bridge doesn't ensure anything for you(You mean it doesn't help you at all?), but if, as you post, your BB and PB are always on your person; Why not keep your devices Bridged? Contact information solved. Privacy issues solved!

Why are you asking me to justify your points? How could I know what files and contact information you already have sync'd to your PB, or the status of your information? Others may be using Google to sync corporate info, who knows. Not really my problem. The Bridge functions as designed right now. Will RIM change it in the future? Enough people send them enough complaints, and maybe...

You have a problem in that you only have personal information and yet cannot seem to sync your contacts from your device to your PB via Bridge. My post was in reference to this one line;

"Keeping a corporate directory private maybe a good thing. But unless you're 2 years or less out of school, your business contacts and personal contact are mixed, and hence are the asset of the person."

I enjoyed reading some of your points in your post, and hope you get the chance to sync your Bridged contacts in the future. If you need any help with a workaround, just drop the forum a line.