View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 12:33 PM   #36
Frank Castle
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9930
PIN: PM Me!
Carrier: VZW
Default Re: Blackberry Fusion Mobile

I have to agree this is such a pain to understand and setup. The old BES was cake. Make a service account, assign permissions and away you go. Fusion / BDS / UDS is a mix on EAS and IIS so you need a solid understanding of IIS web pages and ports needed.

I have Fusion installed which is basically your new BAS. It can "consume" your other BAS (BES, Server Express, BDS (Playbook and BB10) and UDS (iOS, Android) consoles so you have a single admin GUI. Installing BDS and UDS is not required if you want to spruce up your BAS look and consolidate the admin GUI for your support staff.

UDS refuses to install for me. I get to the Communication Module Information section and it states there is a port conflict and the installer blows up. I've tried changing this and nothing is taking. Grrrr

The kicker is BDS and UDS cannot be on the same server as they use the same ports for the admin GUI's.

This is gettting way to complicated and the amount of servers needed is killing me.

Like many of you we're still running Exch2003 and we already use Good Technology (adequate) but we're looking at other MDM's at this point and it's basically a crap shoot. Some do other stuff well and some do some stuff lousy. It depends what you want to manage and how granual you wish to get.

At the moment I like AirWatch, it has promise. RIM needs to get Fusion / BDS / UDS ironed out as I think a lot of companies are not going to bother and decide to keep using BES until the NOC gets taken offline and use a secondary MDM until no more users have a Blackberry, which if anyone else is like our trending won't take that much longer.
Offline   Reply With Quote