holiday
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7730
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tMobile
Default Recently Unlocked 8310 issues on T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

I have an older 8310 that was locked to at&t, unlocked, and now using it on t-mobile.

I already have a BB internet (BIS) plan through T-Mobile.

The phone, text, and picture messages all work fine. Voice mail works fine. Was able to register the device on T-Mobile's network. The internet does work as well. However I am having the following issues:

1. Will not play youtube or any other online videos. I assume this is due to the OS version being lower than 4.5? This is running 4.2.2.170 currently, which I assume is the orginal OS. Can I upgrade the OS and if so, what is the most stable supported version to use?

2. Cannot get a BB Desktop Manager to work with this device? Where can I download the proper version of BBDM for this device? Why are all the older versions so hard to find? What is the correct BBDM software for this device?

3. How can I get the proper version of BlackBerry Maps for this device, and where is the BB Maps icon? Did I lose it when I unlocked the phone?

Any other hints or tips for this specific scenario, i.e. using at&t unlocked BlackBerry 8310 on T-Mobile's network? Thanks.
Offline   Reply With Quote