Old 04-03-2006, 05:16 AM   #16
SMorganPhoto
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8330
PIN: 31C7D62A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by radimus
FWIW, this has been my experience. Around here, Verizon and Cingular have the best coverage. T-Mobile is quite good too, but like Corey said overall they're coverage is limited. With Verizon you need to read and understand EVERYTHING in the fine print, because they will use it against you, and in my experience won't back down when you complain because "you were informed". Very arrogant. I can't comment much on Cingular's customer service as nearly all of my Cingular service was under an enterprise-type account that someone else paid for. When you're a customer with lots of lines of service it changes things a bit. I can't complain about T-Mobile at all. Excellent service there. They might be a good fit if you can deal with their reduced service area.
Don't get me wrong, Verizon had great coverage when I was in the middle of the ocean (along with everywhere else). My gripe with Verizon was, I had an LG8100 with 750 anytime minutes and picture messaging (between Verizon users) and free nights and weekends, and I was paying $86.XX/month. I had the phone for 5 months and downloaded 2 ringers in that time. I have no clue why, and Verizon gave me the run around.

I have since switched to TMO with the Blackberry 7290 and soon to be 8700G. I have 600 anytime minutes, MMS, 1000 SMS, free nights and weekends, and Unlimited Blackberry. 99% I do not randomly receive a voicemail from a call that I never knew I got. and 99% of the time I have atleast a decent signal.

I am very happy with TMO in the Hampton Roads, VA area (757). And I get great signal on the base that I work at (unlike Verizon).

Feel free to add me to BB Messenger!