View Single Post
Old 05-11-2006, 10:27 AM   #19
duofold
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700g

Not sure if this is exclusive to telstra, but I encountered a couple of issue that I didn't recall seeing in the stock (.284) T-Mobile software.

1st - on one occassion, my wife's normally rock solid 8700g's browser only showed a status bar slowly moving toward completion but nothing happened. Also couldn't send/receive email or use BBCorrector. All of this while the EDGE indicator was on. However, calls placed/received worked.

Only a reboot remedied this problem.

Also, the 8700g is under a couple of weeks old. Battery drains for conditioning occurred at 3+ day intervals after heavy usage. However, once I turned over a fully charged (& newly installed telstra software) to my wife in the morning, I was surprised to see the battery drain to 55% by the middle afternoon.

This was on the heels of exactly 2 calls, both outbound. She works in an area which is saturated in excllent signal coverage. She did not use any other service. I also exited or closed all 3 third-party apps (Google Talk, Google Maps, & BBWeather). Also closed out the browser.

Again, prior discharges took about 3 days or more on the stock software.

Ultimately, I didn't see any wow difference on telstra (in terms of performance, not cosmetic). As a result, I switched back to the stock last night and will monitor these two issues to see if they rear their heads again.