View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 04:12 PM   #84
thought
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleland
WOW!! A major market stock outperforming it's respective market is now commonplace. Because it is now commonplace, it is no longer considered to be outperforming. I am not going to get into schooling you on the beta of a security. Fact is the beta of RIMM is almost 3, which means it is EXPECTED, and NORMAL for it to move 3x that of the nasdaq when it moves up or down.

I think I have proven my point. The fact the a chart posted previously show RIMM moving up nearly 30% in a period of time and the Nasdaq moving about 10% in said period SHOUTS in agreement with my point.

Have a nice day.....
I would guess then, that you believe that there are no individual factors that can move a stock, outside of it shadowing in various mulitples the moves of the general market.

Aside from that, your position puts you at odds with what was written in the Wall Street Journal, CBS MarketWatch, and The Globe and Mail, among other publications.

I agree with BB Admin: I believe the rumors had significant impact, but were not the only factor. However, for you to dismiss the impact of the rumors at all, seems rather unreasonable.