View Single Post
Old 10-06-2006, 07:37 PM   #16
WIKID3
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: PEARL
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmlloyd
I don't even understand what you are saying here. There is no special charge on T-Mobile for calls over 30 minutes, if that is what you are saying. I regularly will talk on my T-Mobile line for over an hour, and if I don't use up my anytime minutes, then there is no extra charge. In fact, between my 1000 anytime minutes, unlimited nights and weekends, I have yet to have a T-Mobile bill that was a penny over the base rate.

As far as the main topic goes, it is really going to depend on coverage in your area. I have been with T-Mobile since 2002, and I have yet to have a single dropped call. I have had a few calls that started getting garbled, and I had to hang-up and call back, but I have never seen a single mobile provider where that never ever happened. I have, however, never had it drop a call. That said, here in LA, the T-Mobile coverage is pretty solid just about everywhere except the areas where no one gets signal, like the subway or in some of the valleys between hills.
Let me clarify: Back in the day, I know this to be true with Nextel.....you had 14 days to try service, BUT you couldn't exceed 30 minutes of air time or you would have to purchase the phone. I believed Nextel was the last carrier to drop this ridiculous program, but read recently that Rogers may still do this. That is what he meant by his statement of 30 minutes. Back on topic.....