Old 01-11-2007, 06:07 PM   #95
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsic
I need a video ipod as i fly often and a laptop is getting cumbersome. I have an 8700, which is just email/phone and nothing more.

I can either buy an ipod for ~300, and an 88/8900 for ~300+, or buy the iphone for a single device with more features than i can get in both combined... for the same price.

A Pearl is hardly a solution for me, i cant stand its keyboard! it would be a waste for $150 for a year of using something that isnt practical for heavy email user.

Ill likely buy the 8G, and just upgrade in a year if im compelled. 8G is several thousand songs, plenty for a long trip. Lack of 3G does STINK, but im used to EDGE on the 8700 now anyways, and doesnt sound like a 3G BB is on its way with video/mp3/etc built in.
I am not crazy about the Pearl keyboard either, BUT the iPhone keyboard will be cr^p. How in the heck do you think you are going to do serious email on a touchscreen keyboard. Stop looking at Apply's little demo video and just imagine using this device from day to day as heavy email device. Pretty, yes, practical, NOT!