View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 11:13 AM   #3
rickthornton
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

I have this software and here is what I have experienced thus far:

It compresses a typical DVD down to about a 200 - 300 mb file. The quality is fine on the BB screen. I have had a couple of instances where the audio wasn't synced perfectly with the video, not enough to make it unwatchable, but it was noticeable. This hasn't been a consistent problem so I can't figure out the what or why with this issue.

This software breaks the movies down into about 20 minute segments to avoid freezing the unit with large files. What I do is simply put all the files into a folder and select play folder and the movie plays from beginning to end with just a short delay while loading the new file every 20 minutes.

I originally was using this with XP which worked fine, however, I purchased a new Vista notebook and there are some compatibility issues with Vista, it still works, but is less stable then with XP (Go figure).

This is a PC resident application, there is nothing on the BB to affect battery life, etc. DVD into the PC, the software converts the DVDto a BB compatible video format, the file gets transferred to the BB's micro SD card, and you use the built in media player to watch the video.

There is also a free application out there that will do a DVD conversion which also works. Not as easy an interface to work with (IMO), and it doesn't automatically split the files, but it does work pretty well.

Seabyrd Technologies - Blackberry Video Converter

I'd try both and see which you like.
Offline   Reply With Quote