View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 11:21 AM   #16
Number13
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by perpetualjon View Post
Do you really consider the Sony DR-BT10CX a "headset"? Isn't it more just some earbuds and a mic on the necklace?

And how good is the Motorola S9 with calls? I can't seem to figure out where the microphone is located and how it could possibly pick up a decent sound from your mouth without also picking up all the ambient sounds around you.
The microphone is in the right ear piece. It probably works like the jawbone headsets (minus the sophisticated noise canceling technology in the jawbone), not like the microphone on a standard headset that you would speak into.

I recently bought an S9 headset but cannot speak to the headset call quality, only the comfort (it could be better but it is acceptable) and the stereo bluetooth quality (this also could be better). The high end is lacking a little but the response of the mids and the bass is very good for a bluetooth headset. I also like the design of the ear pieces. They are designed like an in the ear headset but they do not fit into the ear like the ear buds, they sit "on" the ears and the tension from the headset keeps them in place.