Old 08-04-2007, 09:18 AM   #40
Blackberryer
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry One View Post
Here is real life example. My relative asked me help him with buying cell phone. I assessed his needs and realized that what he needs is simplicity. A simple cell phone that lets you easily make phone calls and receive phone calls. Simple and easy understandable user interface is a must. Camera is not required. Ordering ringtones is not planned. Web browsing and emailing and SMS- not interested.

Can you blame a person who wants a frigging phone that is just supposed to do what a phone supposed to do?

I was amazed how much time I had to spend looking for such a phone, and no- it ended to be not the cheapest on the market.
I decided it worth extra $20 for the phone which fits user needs vs. other cheaper model gizmonized with features that person will not need and could get confused trying to navigate through.

I covered $20 from my pocket knowing I'll save a lot of time on not having 'support calls.'

Sometimes, too many features is too many features.
Except your relative doesn't even enter into our conversation here. Of course folks who just want a phone should only buy a phone. Why would those people be interested in BlackBerrys or any other type of smart phone? The conversation we're having is about consumers who are interested in smart phones and whether or not BB's need to adopt more features to be/stay competitive in the consumer market. add to that if there are any smart phone shoppers who also want something fairly basic, there will always be models that give them that. And a BB certainly wouldn't fit their needs because of the increased cost required due to data plans.

No offense, but your story has nothing to do with anything.

Last edited by Blackberryer; 08-04-2007 at 09:20 AM..