Old 08-04-2007, 10:19 AM   #48
Blackberryer
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
It's not narrowmindedness. I know that popularity can sometimes ruin a product, particularly if chasing new market share leads RIM away from what makes the blackberry what it is. It is optimized do several things very, very well, push email being one. I just don't see how the blackberry can stay that way -- purpose built to do a few things very well and very reliable -- if RIM is trying to chase and keep up with consumers who want everything on their blackberry and whose tastes change moment to moment.
Yes, well, that's what happened when you try to corral the consumer market as RIM wants to do. It's called "progress", and your belief that addition of features means subtraction of standbys (at least in terms of quality) is pretty much groundless considering the company's history.

Quote:
If you think I'm arguing about the features, you miss my point.
I think you're arguing that all the damn teenagers should get off your BlackBerry lawn because they're mucking up the grass.

Quote:
Sorry I hit a nerve. By the way, Blackberryer, you've mentioned you are a self-employed consultant. Congratulations.
I don't think you hit a nerve, I think you made a really dumb point.

Quote:
I've made my point, or at least tried to make it, again, above. But the sarcastic insult is moronic. Aren't there enough examples where companies have followed their consumers off a cliff?
What's moronic is your assumption that BlackBerry won't apply the same standards to new features that they have to old standbys. You could be right, but again the company's history doesn't suggest you are.

I get your point. It goes like this: If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Hopefully, RIM is a little more forward thinking.