View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 08:44 AM   #24
jmandoman
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8820
Carrier: AT&T

I agree with just about all the complaints and raves posted in this thread. I have both Todo & Idea matrix as well as use the desktop interface. I find I use Ideamatrix rarely. Mostly, as a memo pad. Probably don't have a big need for that type of application. Checking and editing appointments and tasks is a constant activity for me. Seamless integration of these two is what I look for.

What I wish for the most: faster startup without the welcome screen you have to acknowledge; fewer steps/screens to add or edit on both the BB and Desktop; better GUI; and most of all: integration with my calendar. My two primary complaints: 1) I really miss having tasks and appts displayed on one screen. I need to see what's due today, tomorrow, etc with my daily appts. I came from Pocket Informant on the WM platform and really, really miss it. 2) I also hate having to exit my calendar to get to my tasks. I want to be able to look at my calendar, see appts and tasks, and click on the task to bring it up for editing, etc. I find I haven't been updating or checking tasks lately because I have to switch apps and then find the right view to find what's due today.

What I like: fantastic support, usually within a couple hours, friendly, and actually helpful (they really seem like they want to understand my problem and solve it, imagine that); the ability to view, edit, print tasks from my PC via the desktop application; and the variety of different ways to sort and look at my tasks is nice but not essential for me. Whether it syncs with Outlook or is a separate task database is not that important.

I admit that I'm excited to see that Pocket Informant is going to release a version for the BB. I will definitely demo it. When I lived in the WM world, Pocket Informant was my lifeline.
Offline   Reply With Quote