View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 03:50 PM   #16
JRSCCivic98
No longer Registered.

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: *

The website indicated aGPS (assisted) and sGPS (simultaneous). Last I checked sGPS was a combo of aGPS and regular GPS, but don't quote me on that. According to phonescoop.com the Q9m only has A-GPS on it.

I will say this, I do agree with VZW that if the phone was setup to work with BBMaps and GPS and they didn't train VZW employees to troubleshoot issues with it then they would have a problem with people calling in asking about it when it didn't work or had problems (like when you're in a building, duh). However, most of the time support passes you to Blackberry anyway because VZW support blows (this Q&A is proof positive or the repetitive parots that work there). Not only that, but if they were so worried why not just "not install" BBMaps on the phone and leave GPS alone? That way if someone installed an app to get access and use GPS, but had problems with it and called support, VZW could simply state that they don't offer support for 3rd party apps. Case closed. Hell, when's the last time someone called VZW because their 3rd party/self installed apps on a BB didn't work?

Point here, those mofos better release some app that doesn't cost anything or they are in a world of hurt one way or another. This Q&A is proof one again at how hard they try and "brain wash" their customers with the answers........ I forget, why didn't they enable GPS.... wasn't it a security issue? :rolleyes: I think that's what the Q&A wanted to say.... hum. :sarcastic: