wabbit
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Droid
PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon

btw for anybody who is bored,

Quote:
GPS

As previously mentioned, the 8830 uses the same built-in GPS receiver used in the 8800, the SiRFstarIII-LT. This gives the phone lower power consumption than other GPS receivers, and the ability to use "Assisted GPS" from cellular towers for faster location fixes.

During my testing the receiver obtained and maintained a strong signal, though my testing was limited to the mostly suburban areas around a major city (Cincinnati).

The map system provided useful navigation assistance, allowing the same bells and whistles one would expect from typical GPS navigation and could even pull addresses from the BlackBerry's address book.

Editor's Note: The 8830 that Verizon sent Brighthand for this review has its GPS functionality enabled, but this carrier is currently disabling this feature on units being offered to customers. It intends to change this later in the year, allowing users to access the GPS hardware that's built into this device. The version being offered by Sprint has GPS enabled now.
this is pre release review,

now the fun stuff.

Quote:
Specifications

Processor: 312 MHz Marvell XScale
Operating System: BlackBerry 4.2.1.72
Display: 2.5 inch, 320 x 240 pixel transmissive/reflective LCD
Memory: 64 MB flash memory
Size & Weight: 4.49 inches long x 2.6 inches wide x 0.55 inches thick; 4.73 ounces
Expansion: Single microSD slot
Docking: Single mini-USB port
Communication: Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE; Bluetooth 2.0
Audio: 2.5mm headphone jack; speakerphone; speaker & mouthpiece for phone
Battery: 1400 mAh replaceable Lithium Ion cell
Input: 35-key thumb keyboard; trackball with press-to-select
Other: SiRFstar III-LT GPS receiver
someone find the os, and actually you will know if its software or hardware lock, i do belive it is hardware locked tho, so we can stop beating a dead horse.

oh yeh source http://http://www.brighthand.com/def...p?newsID=13162