View Single Post
Old 10-10-2004, 10:37 AM   #15
sempai
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8xxx
Carrier: T-Mobile, US

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcg
sempai you said what I said in a different way.

I'm fully aware of BT devices that can do exactly what was mentioned... My answer was in context to the BlackBerry....

I can scroll my Nokia dial, send and end from my PC over bluetooth™ because the Nokia supports it and I have software to do it. Not all Handsfree profiles are implemented the same so you cannot make an assumption that if it has HF profile it could... my other Nokia (symbian 60) won't.

The call logging feature of the HBH 200 requires the handset to do it.... again not all HF profiles are created equal.

I'm not aware of a current jabra that can do that.... we do sell them.

No, you're not catching the context. I just woke up, so I'm cranky, sorry if this comes off as scolding -

There is a big difference between:

Bluetooth Headset

and

Bluetooth Handsfree

They are two different audio profiles that are implemented by whatever device you're working with.

Nokia Series 60 devices use Bluetooth Handsfree. The Sony Ericsson T68i uses Bluetooth Headset. The Sony Ericsson P900? It uses Bluetooth Headset.

So I CAN make the assumption, because if a device supports Bluetooth Handsfree, it means it has a feature set that all Bluetooth Handsfree devices have. If a device has Bluetooth Headset, than that means I can assume things about the functionality of THAT device too.

Jabra's new headsets ring. Loudly, when you get a call. They are doing it to make Bluetooth Handsfree devices more useful to more people, and with jog-wheels, LCD displays and such ON the headset, it's almost like you don't need to deal with the handset anymore to make a call.

I love it!