View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 05:10 PM   #7
madhatter2

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeakr View Post
My school has the same sort of set up. Try manually configuring the network on your BB by going into wifi setup and selectiing manual configure network. Then input the ssid and then select either LEAP or PEAP as the security level in the drop down box. Then continue onto the next screens and input your user id and password and try the connection. I have the same sort of cryptic setup at my school and went through this with the IT guys and they told me it to use either PEAP or LEAP. They tried first with PEAP and it didn't work, but then retried with LEAP and it went through and connected quickly. The IT guys hadn't had many requests like this before (so yours might not be too helpful, but I know one of the guys who had done it and he helped me). Just try what I have suggested and see if it works, it did for me and required no certificate loading through a PC, this enabled the certificate to be grabbed OTA as I specifically asked if I should get a certificate and download through the computer to the BB to which he stated the BB had the appropriate credentials to be able to grab the certificate OTA and the computer load wouldn't b necessary (we use the same sort of secondary tunneling at my school as well).

Hope this works for you as it has taken me a few months to find the answers and it finally worked for me. Good luck.
Thanks squeakr, I appreciate. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. Neither with LEAP nor with PEAP.

The IT guys at my school claim that if in the dropdown list (PEAP, LEAP,...) there was an option like "No authentication" I should go for that and could bypass the certificate issue. His argument was that they don't require any kind of certificate when a Win XP PC is about to connect to their network (they drop the certificate requirement). Please, don't quote me on that, I have heard many cray things during those last days, so with my little knowledge I can't understand how one can have a WPA-Enterprise network and at the same time drop certificates...
Offline   Reply With Quote