View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 12:43 AM   #18
riveracr

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

I started experiencing a similar issue today, on my BlackBerry Pearl, synching it to Outlook 2003, via Desktop Manager 4.2.2.14. Ixxx8217;ve had this BB Pearl since January of this year and just observed the problem yesterday. Before this I had another Pearl, on this same laptop, synching with the same version of Desktop Manager. I had that BB Pearl for over a year with no issues.

Like most of the users, my Desktop Manager was hanging up once it reached a particular Outlook Calendar record. (On mine it was record 780 out of 831.) I assumed Outlook was the culprit so I went to Microsoft.com and read up on their Inbox Repair Tool program. How to use the Inbox Repair Tools to recover e-mail messages in Outlook 2002, Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007

I downloaded scanpst.exe and used it to scan my Outlook.pst file. It found and repaired errors in the file. (No specifics were given regarding what the errors were, though.) I then followed user JBLOUNTxxx8217;s step-by-step instructions to clear the Outlook calendar from the BlackBerry. I was able to synch successfully after that with the Desktop Manager rebuilding the calendar on the BlackBerry with no issues.

So, possibly itxxx8217;s a corrupt Outlook.PST file thatxxx8217;s causing issues and we have to take a two-step approach to resolve. It might be too early to tell, but so far I have not encountered the issue again.

My thanks to JBLOUNT for the detailed instructions on how to clear the Calendar file from the BB without causing any loss of data in Outlook.
Offline   Reply With Quote