Old 03-31-2008, 12:10 PM   #15
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjb0204 View Post
What's funny is I work for a technology company, and our IT security practices keep things zipped up tighter than a frog's a$$, yet our BB security policy is basically that there isn't one. The people running our BES are basically doing it as an afterthought. They are the notebook people, and that's their primary responsibility. Even funnier is that we have over 500 BB users and they've even recently started allowing personal BB's because they don't have time to procure and lock down more corporate bb's. That may all change at some point, but for now we're wide open. I have 3 BIS accounts set up, several 3rd party apps, whatever I want to do, I just do it.
Now I'm guessing -- just from seeing some of your posts around here -- that if you hosed something on the BB you would end up fixing it yourself (probably after a couple of posts or searches around here ). Are you seeing anything going on with the support division or, because you are an IT company -- is the BB user group sufficiently sophisticated regarding use of the devices that support needs are pretty minimal? I'm guessing the latter.
Offline   Reply With Quote