Old 04-08-2008, 11:02 PM   #1
TxCatLady1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
PIN: 3279CD26
Carrier: Verizon
Unhappy Desperately pleading for help with Desktop Manager

Please Login to Remove!

About a month ago I very excitedly bought my first Blackberry. The Red Curve 8310. I went home and installed the software and got the message "device not detected". Sought help at ATT.com Blackberry forums and was told to download DM Version 4.2.2 which I did and still no luck. I have a Sony Viao PCG-GRV680 laptop about four years old with Windows XP Service Pack 2. I'm installing it on my second hard drive which is almost completely empty. After installation there are files in the Common Files folder on the C drive and then a RIM folder on the D drive (which is where I installed it) When I connect the phone and go to Device Manager, in the alphabetical list of items there is an item called Other Devices with the offshoot called RIM Composite Device both with big yellow question mark icons. I've been told that it's supposed to be showing up in the USB controllers section as Blackberry. I click on connection settings and choose USB. I get the message "please ensure the device is connected properly" then I get the hourglass and then "device not found". I went to the AT&T store with my cable and Blackberry and he was able to connect it there on their system just fine. So, on the AT&T forums they were saying that the problem was my computer. I emailed Sony and they say they can't guarantee third-party installations. I've never had any problems with the computer. I also am running Zone Alarm Security Suite, but it didn't give me any problems during installation. I've tried to think of everything I've been through in the last month. I really, really hope somebody can help me with this! Thanks in advance!