View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 01:05 PM   #1
studerje

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Question 8120 T-Mobile Edge problems

Please Login to Remove!

I upgraded from an 8100 to an 8120 about 2 weeks ago.
I'm having problems getting the Edge connection to stay on my screen.
In all the normal places I took my 8100 and received a strong Edge signal, 8120 bounces back and forth between GSM and EDGE.
I have turned off the WiFi to ensure it's not connecting to that.
It really seams like the EDGE power is much weaker on the 8120 vs. the 8100.

I have the Mobile Network Options -> Connection Preference set to 'Mobile Network Preferred'. It has these same symptoms when I set it to 'Mobile Network Only'.
When I have the WiFi turned on and I'm near an access point, my phone will connect to BES and BIS via the WiFi and still display GSM. I realize that is a product of my preference settings above, but I'm really disappointed with the EDGE service on my 8120.
Also, my 8120 seems to respond much more slowly than my 8100. I noticed that my 8120 only has 56MB memory where my 8100 had 72MB.

I'm somewhat disappointed with the 8120. My boss and I upgraded at the same time and he went back to his 8100 because it appears to be more reliable. I'm holding out hoping there is a new OS update that might fix some of these problems, but I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out.

We got 4 of the 8120's in our company at the same time and all 4 are experiencing these problems.

I'm running 4.3.0.115 which appears to be the latest version to date in the forums.
any suggestions?
after reading through the above, it sounds like a complaint letter, but for those who made it this far and have ideas, I'm totally open to suggestions.

Thanks,

-Jon

t-Mobile
8120 - BES-BIS
Offline   Reply With Quote