View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 11:00 AM   #1
gdfein
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130
Carrier: VZW
Default BB Calendar Sync Help Needed

Please Login to Remove!

I'm hoping to seek some input for calendaring issue that has recently come up.

I am on VZW (8130, but I don't think my issue is device specific) and I use primarily BES as my default Inbox, Calendar, Task and MemoPad. My inbox and Calendar sync wirelessly with my company's Lotus Notes based platform and I rely very heavily on my LN Calendar and BB Calendar to be in perfect sync as I travel a ton.

I also receive messages from my VZW.bberry.net, GMAIL and YAHOO accounts on my device, but I have not used the calendar for any of these services.

We recently hooked my wife up with a VZW 8130 and she is using the VZW.bberry.net service for both mail and calendar to maintain our household family calendar (i.e. parties, doctor visits, kids school/activity functions, etc.).

We initially tried her creating a meeting invite on her device (VZW BIS) and then including me as an invitee using my work email (BES). This resulted in some odd emails and erroneous calendaring messages, so I assumed this was due to a compatability oddity.

We then tried sending calender items from her device using VZW BIS to my device using VZW BIS and this works just fine (no surprise).

My issue now is that while my BlackBerry device has 100% of my work and family events on the calendar, the family events are not getting synced back from my device into my work LN calendar. This is leading to possible conflicts when I book things on my laptops LN calendar.

I'm hoping somebody can help me make this more seamless.

Thanks,
Greg
Offline   Reply With Quote