View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 08:38 AM   #4
Dirky
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stern View Post
certification is still quite new as people have only really been able to take the exams since May.

However I would say that the certification route is better suited to people looking to add it to their CV to make them more employable. I don't really know how much of a difference it will make to the average customer looking to get set up with Blackberry.

I suppose what area you work in and what makes you money. It would be more important to a IT reseller offering Blackberry Installs and support than it would for a Dealer who just sells tariffs and handsets
Thanks guys, sorry I should have said a little more about what I do.
At present the majority of my work comes from small business IT support. I've done the MS MCDST stuff and lots of the MS training courses at my previous employer before starting my own company.

The only Blackberry stuff I've done is my own BES express work on my Exchange 2003 testbed. Of course I use BB for my day to day work, email, scheduling etc and think its a terrific product and service. Though I am very unsure what needs there are in the locale for BB support or installations.
I think it is the BlackBerry Alliance Program which possibly puts you in touch with prospective customers who may need BB support/sales.
Reading the 'blurb' its £600 for the year:-

New Members
On joining the programmes, new members receive very
attractive pricing on BlackBerry Enterprise Server™ software
with 20 client licences, enabling them to establish a powerful
testing and development architecture. New members
also receive one free BlackBerry device on joining the
SP Alliance Programme.

Assuming it gets you a couple of leads it might not be bad value? Anybody signed up for it?
What model BB do they provide? Is it network locked?

Thanks for any more information,

Mike