View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 03:46 PM   #1
littlematchgirl

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: at&t
Unhappy Can I use my Blackberry without an internet plan?

Please Login to Remove!

I needed a new phone, badly, so I purchased an unlocked Blackberry Pearl 8100 off of eBay a week ago. I just got it in the mail today. I use AT&T, and I just put my Sim card into the new phone and it turned on, transferred all my numbers, etc.

I am on a family plan with my parents, and we pay for unlimited texting but not for internet access. On my old phone, I was able to use the internet but because we didn't have a plan, it cost a lot of money and I had to pay almost $100 last month for it. I haven't used the internet since since. I just turned on my new phone but I'm afraid that I can only use it if it's connected to the internet, and I don't have the money to take the chance.

1. How do I know if I am connected to the internet on this phone?
2. Can I use it without being connected to the internet?
3. What does it mean when I try to make a call and it says "Radio is Off. Turn Radio On"???
I know most of you are thinking, why would I buy a Blackberry Pearl without a data plan? Well I don't want the internet, so that is not an issue. I just want to be able to make phone calls and texts without using the internet.

Fortunately, the eBay user I purchased the phone from has a money back guarantee, but I need to know asap. Please help! Thanks.

Last edited by littlematchgirl; 07-02-2008 at 04:12 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote