View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 05:40 PM   #11
DLRStudio
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

I took the new 8830 back to Verizon, and told them I was pretty unhappy and was thinking about switching to a different model. I was told that I can't switch without paying for a new one, because the replacement policy is for a one time replacement. If the new one has a problem, you can't get another replacement.

So, the V girl tried getting email to work, unsuccessfully. She took out the battery and put it back in (duh - like I didn't know to do that myself, first thing!), no luck. She wiped the device ~ resulting in no email, plus now no browser (browser worked before). Took the battery out and put it back in again. Nothing. Walked away for about 5 minutes, came back and handed me my bb, and said, "it works!" I asked what was wrong with it, and she said, "I don't know, but it's working now." Crap!!!!! So I sent myself an email, received it, and left the store. I haven't gotten any new emails or calls yet, so don't know if it's really working.

Geez, has anyone else had this much trouble with the 8830? I'm really frustrated!

Klotar - I looked at my service books and host routing tables, but don't know how to reset them. There isn't a reset option from the menu button. When I changed my PIN, I got a pop-up message asking if I wanted to switch from the PIN from the first 8830 to the PIN for the new one, and I just selected Yes.

Thanks,
Denise
Offline   Reply With Quote