View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 08:08 PM   #15
DLRStudio
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

When I took the first one back, I told them I was very unhappy and maybe should get a different model. I was told that the reset was all that was needed. I guess I should have pressed the matter then, since at that point I had only had the phone for about 3 weeks. When I went back Friday (1/25), I was given a given a new one, same model. That was 31 days after I bought the first 8830.

It was later that day that I had to go back with the second one because email wouldn't work. I told them I was thinking about switching to a different model because two 8830s in a row had problems. According to them, it's now no longer a 30 day replacement issue, because I already got the replacement for the first one. Replacement it a one time deal. Doesn't sound right to me, either.

Anyhow, if this one has more problems, I do have insurance, and should be able to resolve it that way. Although I think they'll just replace the faulty 8830 with another of the same model. The thing is, if this one ends up with more problems, I don't really want another 8830. That would make 3 of the same model. I do love features of the 8830. Just feeling nervous about having 2 of them that have had issues.

At any rate, since the initial email problem it had on Friday (no email), this one has been working ok. It does also bother me that she said she didn't know what the problem was. It just started working after 2 resets and 2 wipes. It doesn't seem to me like a brand new phone should have such problems.

So my thinking is that I should have 30 days to make up my mind on the model from the day I received this new one (Friday 1/25). But their explanation is that the replacement for the original phone was replaced, now it's an insurance issue if there are more problems. Not a 30 day issue.

Here's hoping that this one works, and I won't have to worry about replacement.

Thanks for the encouragement!
Offline   Reply With Quote