Thread: 8800 or iPhone?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 11:30 PM   #104
Jack T. Chance
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Priv
Carrier: T-Mobile
Exclamation Anyone for some actual news?

There's LOTS of iPhone™ news this week that I'm not seeing mentioned too much in this thread, so I'd like to touch on that stuff now.

Phone Scoop has put up their report about the iPhone™, and they have very interesting info to share, including this paragraph:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneScoop.Com
Like many smartphones, the iPhone™ packs an ARM processor capable of multi-tasking many applications at once. However the industry will argue over whether the iPhone™ is truly a smartphone since users won't be able to load third party applications onto it. Developers who spoke to Apple said a development platform for the phone is about two years away. Many are hoping that the ability to create widgets for the phone might be available sooner.
Very interesting, wouldn't you agree?

Also, the biggest iPhone™-related story of the week is the fact that Apple has been SUED by Cisco for infringing on THEIR copyright/trademark for the iPhone™ name!

Here's some links where you can read more about it:
-Cisco sues Apple for trademark infringement: ruh roh!
-Apple says Cisco lawsuit is "silly"

So, bottom line, Apple is so arrogant and full of themselves, they think they can get away with stealing the name of a product that's been available for several years! Ooh, I can't WAIT for a judge to lay the smackdown on Steve Jobs and company for this one!

BTW, Cisco has owned the copyright/trademark in question since 2000, but that's because in 2000, they bought the company that originally filed for the ©/™. The ©/™ would actually have been ISSUED before 2000, although I don't yet know the date that it was issued. So, it's not like someone secured that protection recently, once it was known that Apple was developing this product. The existing product of the same name pre-dates Apple's product by several years. Open & shut case, if you ask me!

Don't steal other people's avatars! Make your own! >=(