View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 03:12 PM   #2
XelhaBB
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
PIN: Ask
Carrier: Verizon

spierian,

Apple makes FABULOUS products and I am a huge MAC fan. I abandoned my PC five years ago and have every MAC accessory in my home EXCEPT the iPhone. The iPhone is a wonderful device and if it had come to Verizon, I would have one. It is also the only phone MAC supports so it has a devoted army of engineers that coddle it.

With that said, its important to remember the iPhone is years ahead of the Storm developmentally speaking. The Storm is just getting off the ground and I have faith that eventually there will be an OS that gets the phone up to speed with the iPhone.

The iPhone is also not a Blackberry and I think it is more business oriented than the iPhone. The iPhone is a more of a toy. The iPhone can't send MMS messages, something that lesser technology phones have done for ages. The Storm CAN send MMS messages.

I think the Storm is great because it's a Blackberry phone. Comparing the Storm to the iPhone is like comparing apples and oranges. To call the Storm an "iPhone Killer" is a mistake because the Storm still needs some work. However, the Storm unites Blackberry functionality with new age touchscreen techonology. In some aspects, its axiomatic the iPhone will always outperform the Storm.

I think both phones capture their respective markets. If you purchased a Storm because you wanted a touchscreen toy then you made a mistake. The iPhone is far more suitable for that purpose. But you if wanted a new age business phone, you just got yourself a wonderful device.

Verizon 9530

Last edited by XelhaBB; 03-02-2009 at 03:13 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote