View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 02:04 PM   #45
GadgetCanada

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi View Post
Cory, from everyone I spoke to at WES - unless they were just blantantly lying - the OS on the device will be nowhere near ready in the June timeframe. The stability is still of major concern and the browser has yet to be updated to it's final version. AT&T reps at WES spoke of the device release timeframe being at the end of the summer at the earliest. This wasn't just from your everyday store manager or service rep either, mind you.

I don't see Rogers releasing an unfinished device. Unless AT&T really is just making room for the 3G iPhone, then I doubt Rogers will release it anytime in the next two to three months. I cannot recall the last time Rogers went to market before an American carrier with any major device release (AT&T beat them on the Curve 8300, T-Mobile beat them on the Pearl 8100, AT&T beat them on the 8700, AT&T beat them on the 7290, T-Mobile beat them on the 7100). Rogers may settle for first place with the likes of the 8310, but it appears they have always settled for second or third place when it comes to major device family launches, which would include the 9000/Bold.

If they release it in the next few weeks, I'd be very happy to see it... but I just don't think it will happen.
Agreed. Look more for an August timeframe.