View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 11:11 AM   #45
BBFun

Model: 8770c
Unhappy BMW/8770 Nightmare

I tried to connect a Cingular 8770 to a 645 and had major issues. I'm running on BB OS 4.1.
1. Inconsistent connecting - After fumbling through the idrive console for what felt like forever, I finally got it to connect. If I turned the car off it (and removed the key), then started it up again, the bb would not reconnect. After working though a myriad of troubleshooting steps - rebooting the bb, turning on/off bluetooth, disconnecting the bb's bluetooth connection to the car and reconnecting, deleting the 8770 connection on the car and re-adding it, etc. it would work. But each time it would loose connection meant at least 20 minutes of fumbling around to get it reconnected. I still don't know after hours how to reconnect it consistently

2. The idrive would stay on (sometimes) even after the key is out of the ignition whether I was in the middle of a call or not.

3. THE MOST DAUNTING OF ALL: The idrive wheel, which normally you are not able to move more clicks than the number of menu options available now spins 360 degrees in either direction. Basically you can spin it as many times to the right or left as you want and the car is in a mute mode where no voice activated commands work, no radio, and since the idrive scroll wheel is broken, I can't switch any menu items!!!

I love technology. Aren't these things fun?