Thread: Options
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 05:00 AM   #13
translator

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: dunno
Default Re: Options

My last message totally disappeared.. why? So I try again, writing and posting from MS Word. My very first message stated I had a 9800 Torch.
My problem evidently arose because, as ZombieBerry put it , "you can't click on the spanner (options) icon from within a folder. You have to press the Menu Key (BB Key) and then choose Options, and bearing in mind your options will change depending on where you are accessing them from."

Not very self-evident!
This also conflicts with the quote from the 9800 Manual:
Answer from Torch Manual
If your BlackBerry® smartphone uses a SIM card, try changing the phone number on your SIM card to change how your phone number appears in the Phone application.

On the Home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon.
Click Device > Advanced System Settings > SIM Card.
Highlight the phone number.
Press the Menu key > Edit SIM Phone Number.
Type your phone number.
Click OK.

As I said, if click on the Options icon from the home screen I get a different screen according to what folder I had been using previously. Currently I get a screen with a title "Options", starting with Sounds and Ring Tones.
When I first wrote, I got a screen with a title "module properties". I do not know from which folder or application this came.
If I now start from the phone icon, it initially brings up a screen headed by "My Number:Unknown Number". On clicking the BB key, I get a heading "Call Management", with a list starting with "In-call Settings"
I do not have an icon called DEVICE. But if I start with the APPS icon, the BB then brings up Home Screen Preferences.
So my question crystallises to just what screen or folder do I need to call up in order for the options to offer the SIM Card Setting?
Offline   Reply With Quote