Old 06-23-2006, 10:07 PM   #8
cchatagnier
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700g
Carrier: tmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sense2k
hi cchatagnier
i'd be interested to know what is involved in moving your test pc config to a server - is there a way to transfer the whole configuration + bb info from all your devices to the new box/install?
It's been a while since I did it. One way of doing it is to shut down your test server turn up your new one. Before shutting it down, you'll want to get a listing of all users on it. On your new server, simply add the users into it. The mailbox contains the BES information so there won't be any re-provisioning of any of the handhelds. This is the same as moving from a desktop redirector to a BES and vice versa.

As an FYI, this is also the case in case you have a crash and need to add people back to your BES. I've got about 150 users, so it's not too much of a hassle, but I would imagine if you've got several thousand users on a BES, it would be way too much to add them one at a time. I'm sure there is an import function, I just haven't really had the time to check it out as the last time I had to do this, there was only about 20 people to add.

If you've got a small deployment, you'll be surprised at just how easy it actually is. I was!

Current - 8700g TMO
Previous - 7280 AWS, 7730 TMO, 7290 TMO
Long ago - 950 model (still have it)