View Single Post
Old 04-26-2005, 08:00 PM   #1
mmarino

Model: 7290
Angry BWC is constantly over quota! Rogers will expand it for $5/month !!??

Please Login to Remove!

I just started using my 7290 on Rogers a few days ago. (I have been using a 950 for several years now). I love the 7290. I have read these forums non-stop for several days to try to learn as much as I can.

In my 4 day experience with it I have had to log in to my BWC account at least twice per day to Delete emails because my BWC account was at it's 10Mb limit.

A lot of people send me attachemnts. Most of them are between 1Mb - 2Mb. By 10am I get the dreaded warning that the mailbox is full. I called Rogers to increase my storage space to 50Mb. After a 5 minute pause, they said "SURE! Glad to help. We have increased your mailbox to 50Mb. The extra $5 per month will go into effect now." I was shocked. I don't want to pay an extra $5 per month just so that people can send me attachemnts that I don't need to see on my BB anyway. So I asked them for a way to block emails based on file size, they told me there was no way. I'm stuck. It is almost rendering my BB useless.

1) Has anyone increased their mailbox size without having to pay an extra $5/month ?

2) Is there some way to block an email based on file size? How can they charge me $5 if they don't give me a tool to block by size ?

3) I understand that when we use "Delete Prior" on the BB that it does not delete in the BWC account. Is there a fix for this or do I have to delete each email one-by-one now ? I get hundreds per day.

4) Is there a way to see the size of an email on my 7290? At worst case at least I can see when an email is large and manually delete it.

5) Is there some kind of filter I can set so that when an email arrives with an attachment the header will be sent to my BB but then the email will be automatically deleted ? (without waiting at least 1 day for the aging to kick in)

6) Is the Web Client page developed by Rogers or RIM? Why is it so crappy??? Can't sort emails. The filters are crap. Can't auto delete instantly.

I've been in love with this push email service but I'm finding so many limitations with BWC. I was almost better off with my old 950 pager.
Any help you folks can offer would be appreciated. ( I hope I'm not forced to pay for BES service now....)