Old 12-02-2010, 08:13 AM   #3
quackyducks

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Default Re: 8800 and tempremental email issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
Just to be clear, you are using BIS (not BES) and you set the email address up in BIS?

Are you accessing the 1&1 email inbox any other way, say with an email client such as Outlook on a computer?

What you are observing is consistent and repeatable? The email stops and the only thing that starts the flow again is sending an email to yourself?

How long do you wait before you are sure it has stopped and you send the email to yourself?
In answer to your questions, I am not using BES and have setup the email connection directly on the handset.

I am accessing the 1&1 email account via Microsoft Outlook 2010 as well, hence the reason why I notice some emails are not getting through to the BlackBerry.

I cannot repeat when it happens (i.e. emails not coming through to the BlackBerry), only that it happens every day or so, but it ALWAYS sorts itself out if I then send a message to myself.

I have usually waited about 30 minutes before sending an email to myself, and the second I send the email all outstanding emails arrive at once.

Hope this helps as this is causing a few headaches!

Thanks,

Paul.
Offline   Reply With Quote