View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 11:56 AM   #1
Lotus99
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Rogers
Default How much memory is too low to be dangerous? 4 MB to 6 MB?

Please Login to Remove!

I recall reading a long time ago posts about memory leaks and such, and can't recall what they were due to (maybe someone can give me a quick summary? , but that when they started happening, you'd start losing data like emails and messages, IIRC.

Well, I've been checking out my memory the last few days out of curiousity, and it seems to hover between 4.5 MB and 6 MB, which seems pretty low. In the past, it used to be over 10 MB with the same settings.

I've not changed settings at all the last few months. I still only store 3 months of emails (it says it's about 3300 messages), 300 SMS's and 600 contacts.

The only big change I've made was in the last month I installed the vlingo software. The other apps I have which I've had for a while are google maps, Opera, Docs to go, and my provider's own media player.

So my question is first of all, how much memory is too low to be dangerous, and what might happen?

Secondly, anything I can do about it? Should I uninstall some of the other apps I hardly use, like BB Maps and brickbreaker? Will that help?

Thanks!
Offline   Reply With Quote